- First Home Finance is a first-time homebuyer grant aimed at low-income earners.
- The subsidy ranges from R30 001 to R130 000, and can be used as a deposit or paid directly into your home loan.
- You can apply online in a matter of minutes with ooba Home Loans.
If you’re on a low income, homeownership is still within your reach thanks to First Home Finance, a first-time homebuyer grant aimed at low-income earners.
This is your chance to get hold of a powerful asset and give yourself and your family a sense of security.
What is First Home Finance?
It’s a subsidy on your home purchase that ranges from R30 001 to R130 000. The lower your income, the higher the subsidy.
See the chart below for more detail:
How to use the subsidy:
- Use it as a deposit.
- Pay it directly into your home loan. You can use our Extra Payments Calculator to see how this would affect your home loan repayments.
How to qualify
You need to meet the following criteria to qualify for First Home Finance:
- Your income must range from R3 501 to R22 000 per month.
- You must be a South African citizen with permanent residency in South Africa.
- You must not have received a government housing subsidy before.
- You must be married or cohabiting OR single with financial dependents.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must not have owned a fixed residential property before.
How to apply
You can apply online with ooba Home Loans. We submit the application on your behalf and monitor the application process, updating you as needed.
We can submit your home application at the same time; applying to multiple banks on your behalf and allowing you to compare deals.
With the First Home Finance subsidy and a better home loan package (with lower interest rates), homeownership becomes a more affordable option and an invaluable financial and personal investment.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Ranked #1 in Banking on Hellopeter
Average rating of 4.86 from over 4 550 reviews
Simply The Best
Ooba home loans services are simply the best. My Consultant Bianca Dancer was so hands on and helpful from the get go. She guided me through the entire process and put me at ease being a first time buyer. I highly recommend their services.
Jay Govender and Maleshini Reddy from OOBA provided outstanding assistance and guidance in securing our home loan. Response times were excellent and they were professional and friendly.
Estelle Vorster was really helpful in securing the best deal for my home loan, she not only negotiated a lower interest rate she went as far as securing 50% discount on the transfer costs.