- You can access the subsidy by applying with a financial institution or with ooba Home Loans.
- We make the process smoother by submitting the application on your behalf and monitoring its progress.
- The subsidy is aimed at low-income earners. You qualify for the FLISP subsidy if your income ranges from R3 501 to R22 000.
Homeownership strengthens society, and the South African government is seeking to encourage homeownership by providing a subsidy for first-time homebuyers with a low income.
So if you fall within a low income bracket (R3 501 to R22 000), homeownership is not out of your reach. The FLISP subsidy can be used as a deposit or paid into your home loan, and either way improves your chances of acquiring home loan approval.
First-time homebuyer government subsidy: How do I apply?
If you apply with ooba Home Loans, we make the process of accessing the subsidy simple.
We submit the application on your behalf and keep you updated on the status of your application.
See the process in more detail below:
Qualifying for the FLISP home buyer’s subsidy:
Before applying for the subsidy, ensure you meet the following criteria:
- Your income ranges from R3 501 to R22 000.
- You must be a South African citizen with permanent residency in South Africa.
- You must not have received a government housing subsidy before.
- You must be married or cohabiting OR single with financial dependents.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must not have owned a fixed residential property before.
How much is the subsidy?
The subsidy ranges from R30 001 to R130 000, depending on your income. The lower your income, the higher the subsidy.
For more detail, see the chart below.
Help with your home loan
ooba Home Loans not only helps with the FLISP application process; we can help with the home loan application as well.
Qualifying for FLISP already increases your chances of home loan approval; we then increase it even more by submitting your home loan application to multiple banks. You can compare deals and choose the one best suited to you.
Are you interested in applying for FLISP? Get all your questions answered, such as whether you qualify, how to apply and how FLISP can be used to acquire your first home.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Ranked #1 in Banking on Hellopeter
Average rating of 4.86 from over 4 550 reviews
Simply The Best
Ooba home loans services are simply the best. My Consultant Bianca Dancer was so hands on and helpful from the get go. She guided me through the entire process and put me at ease being a first time buyer. I highly recommend their services.
Jay Govender and Maleshini Reddy from OOBA provided outstanding assistance and guidance in securing our home loan. Response times were excellent and they were professional and friendly.
Estelle Vorster was really helpful in securing the best deal for my home loan, she not only negotiated a lower interest rate she went as far as securing 50% discount on the transfer costs.