- You can fill in the application form online with us.
- We submit the application on your behalf and monitor its progress.
- We ensure you meet the qualifying criteria, which include having an income ranging from R3 501 to R22 000 per month.
Looking to apply for First Home Finance (formerly known as FLISP)? We make the process quick and easy. Simply fill in the form online and we will submit it on your behalf, monitoring the application process and updating you as needed.
You can find the form here, although you first have to determine if you meet the qualification criteria.
First Home Finance qualification criteria
You have to meet the following criteria to qualify for First Home Finance:
- Your income must range from R3 501 to R22 000 per month.
- You must be a South African citizen with permanent residency in South Africa.
- You must not have received a government housing subsidy before.
- You must be married or cohabiting OR single with financial dependents.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must not have owned a fixed residential property before.
Our application process will ensure you meet the necessary criteria before moving on to the next phase.
How long does the application process take?
The process usually takes around 7 days.
How much is the subsidy?
The subsidy ranges from R30 001 to R130 000, depending on your income. The lower your income, the higher the subsidy.
For more detail, see the chart below.
How can you use the subsidy?
- You can use the subsidy as a deposit, increasing your chance of home loan approval and reducing your interest rates.
- You can pay the subsidy directly into your home loan. Use our Extra Payments Calculator to determine how such a payment will affect your home loan.
Take advantage of First Home Finance
First Home Finance, which is paid out by the National Housing Finance Corporation (NHFC), makes homeownership a reality for low-income earners.
So take advantage of this opportunity to acquire a powerful asset and a sense of security for your family.
Are you interested in applying for First Home Finance (formerly known as FLISP)? Get all your questions answered, such as whether you qualify, how to apply and how First Home Finance can be used to acquire your first home.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Ranked #1 in Banking on Hellopeter
Average rating of 4.86 from over 4 550 reviews
Simply The Best
Ooba home loans services are simply the best. My Consultant Bianca Dancer was so hands on and helpful from the get go. She guided me through the entire process and put me at ease being a first time buyer. I highly recommend their services.
Jay Govender and Maleshini Reddy from OOBA provided outstanding assistance and guidance in securing our home loan. Response times were excellent and they were professional and friendly.
Estelle Vorster was really helpful in securing the best deal for my home loan, she not only negotiated a lower interest rate she went as far as securing 50% discount on the transfer costs.