If you’re a low-income earner looking to buy a home, First Home Finance (formerly known as FLISP) provides a subsidy for first-time homebuyers looking to get their foot on the property ladder.
To qualify for First Home Finance, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Your income must range from R3 501 to R22 000 per month.
- You must be a South African citizen with permanent residency in South Africa.
- You must not have received a government housing subsidy before.
- You must be married or cohabiting OR single with financial dependents.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must not have owned a fixed residential property before.
First Home Finance is available to citizens throughout South Africa. If you’re a citizen of Port Elizabeth, you can apply at the Province of the Eastern Cape Human Settlements, or with your local municipality.
Contact details for the Province of the Eastern Cape Human Settlements:
Customer care 086 000 0039
Apply online in minutes
Bear in mind that you can apply online with ooba Home Loans. We provide a form you can fill in, it just takes a few minutes. Then we submit the paperwork on your behalf and monitor the status of your application so we can update you as needed.