Unfortunately, one of the qualification criteria for First Home Finance is that you must not have owned a fixed residential property before.
First Home Finance (formerly known as FLISP) is aimed specifically at first-time homebuyers.
Here’s a rundown of the qualification criteria:
- Your income must range from R3 501 to R22 000 per month.
- You must be a South African citizen with permanent residency in South Africa.
- You must not have received a government housing subsidy before.
- You must be married or cohabiting OR single with financial dependents.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must not have owned a fixed residential property before.
Are you interested in applying for First Home Finance (formerly known as FLISP)? Get all your questions answered, such as whether you qualify, how to apply and how First Home Finance can be used to acquire your first home.