- The Kingsley in Mowbray: A garden lifestyle with easy access to urban hubs.
- Fynbos Village in Noordhoek: A lifestyle estate in a rustic, coastal region.
- The Fynbos on Bree Street: A futuristic development that incorporates lush vegetation into the design.
- Three43onB in Sea Point: A slick urban living space in a trendy suburb.
- Wavescapes in Muizenberg: A surfer-friendly complex that complements the suburb’s beachside lifestyle.
- Lady Eslean Village in Wellington: Convenient retirement living in the Winelands.
- Tutili Place in Diep River: Affordable living in the leafy Southern Suburbs.
- The Wynne in the Northern Suburbs: An urban space in close proximity to Grand West Casino.
- Newinbosch in Stellenbosch: An idyllic estate with comfortable homes, communal facilities and state-of-the-art security.
- Station House in Sea Point: Luxury apartments with ocean views.
The Mother City caters to a wide array of lifestyles, so it’s no surprise that its residential spaces range from countryside estates to sleek urban spaces. New developments are popping up all the time that offer a mix of on-site facilities and outdoor living.
Our picks of new developments in Cape Town
Developments have long been trending toward spacious complexes with gyms, coffee shops and work spaces on-site. This has become even more prevalent in the wake of COVID, which has given rise to living spaces that cater to comfortable at-home lifestyles. Still, many of them are situated in urban hubs with access to bustling cafes and nightlife.
1. The Kingsley in Mowbray
Luxury apartments offer a balance of garden lifestyle and access to urban hubs. Especially desirable for UCT students and Amazon employees.
- Price: R1,05m to R2,65m.
- Apartments: Studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom, garden and penthouse apartments.
- Amenities: 24-hour high-tech security.
- Neighbourhood: Situated in the lush Southern Suburbs with easy access to lifestyle hubs, restaurants, Cavendish Square, UCT and the Amazon Headquarters. Views of the Hottentots Mountain Range.
2. Fynbos Village in Noordhoek
Situated in beautiful and peaceful Noordhoek with soothing coastal views. The lifestyle estate offers facilities and nursing care, allowing residents to access what they need on the estate itself while enjoying an outdoor lifestyle. Ideal for retirees.
- Size: 56 — 139sqm.
- Price: R1 955 000 — R3 050 000.
- Apartments: One-bedroom and two-bedroom semi-detached and apartment units.
- Amenities: Indoor heated swimming pool, clubhouse, restaurant facilities, fynbos reserve, medical rooms, 24-hour security.
- Neighbourhood: Nearby attractions include rustic Noordhoek Farm village with an award-winning restaurant The Foodbarn, Noordhoek Beach, Cape Point Nature Reserve, Cape Point Vineyards, Simon’s Town Golf Course, and Sunvalley Centre where there’s a gym, coffee shops and grocery stores.
3. The Fynbos on Bree Street
This revolutionary construction points the way to the future, with foliage planted throughout the exterior of the building. To say it’s a green space would be an understatement. Located in an urban hotspot while offering mountain views and lush vegetation to maintain a connection with nature.
- Size: 24 — 85sqm.
- Price: From R1 104 000.
- Apartments: Studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units.
- Amenities: Rooftop sunset terrace with lap pool, working space, restaurant, tea room, botanical bar, fitness centre, organic vegetable market, specialist herbalist, renewable energy sources, biometric access and CCTV, 24-hour concierge.
- Neighbourhood: Buzzing Bree Street in the heart of Cape Town, surrounded by restaurants, coffee bars and shops.
4. Three43onB in Sea Point
A slick urban living space situated in trendy Sea Point, with mountain and sea views and a blend of outdoor lifestyle and city living.
- Size: 18 — 155sqm.
- Price: R1 550 000 — R8 995 000.
- Apartments: Studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom apartments.
- Amenities: Rooftop pool, urban courtyard, 24-hour security and concierge, on-site retail and commercial outlets, on-site laundry, fibre-ready, pet friendly.
- Neighbourhood: Sea Point Main Road has a host of popular restaurants, coffee shops and shopping centres. Just a short walk away is the famous Sea Point beachfront and Promenade, and Clifton and Camps Bay beaches are a short drive away.
5. Wavescapes in Muizenberg
This new development is well-named, being situated in the heart of the beachside suburb of Muizenberg. The surfer’s paradise is a bohemian and burgeoning region offering a classic outdoor lifestyle.
- Size: 36 — 208sqm.
- Price: R1,3 — R6,5 million.
- Apartments: Studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom and penthouse apartments.
- Amenities: Every apartment has a balcony with sea views. Surfer-friendly additions such as outdoor showers and board storage.
- Neighbourhood: Nearby attractions include the surfer’s haven of Muizenberg Beach, the bustling Muizenberg strip with restaurants and coffee shops, and mountain-biking tracks. A short drive from Kalk Bay with its iconic harbour and famous fish and chips restaurant Kalkys.
6. Lady Eslean Village in Wellington
In the tranquil Winelands town of Wellington lies this lifestyle estate. Aimed at retirees, it offers all the facilities one could need on-site combined with a healthy outdoor lifestyle.
- Size: 164sqm.
- Price: R2 350 000
- Apartments: Two-bedroom and two-bathroom houses with open-plan living areas and braai facilities
- Amenities: Fibre internet, clubhouse, coffee shop, tea garden, fitness programs aimed at senior citizens, restaurant, library, social activities such as games, 24-hour security, convenience store, on-site doctor
- Neighbourhood: The town of Wellington is an agricultural and wine hub. The Winelands lie on its doorstep and the surrounding region is an idyllic countryside location with meadows and streams. Cape Town is a 45-minute drive away.
7. Tutili Place in Diep River
Situated in the leafy Southern Suburbs, the complex offers affordable apartments with security and on-site conveniences. Note that properties here qualify for FLISP (Finance Linked Individual Subsidy Programme), a government subsidy for first-time home buyers.
- Size: 31.8 — 52.7sqm.
- Price: From R693 495 — R829 499.
- Apartments: Studio and one-bedroom units with some offering balconies.
- Amenities: Grocery store, restaurant, laundromat, internet cafe, garden, hair and nail salon, gated access.
- Neighbourhood: Nearby attractions include restaurants such as Quince Restaurant and Tavern n’ Ale. A short drive from Muizenberg on one side and the City Centre on the other.
8. The Wynne in the Northern Suburbs
In the Northern Suburbs, a short distance from the famous Grand West Casino and Shopping Centre; The Wynne offers affordable urban living with easy access to a convenient transport network. Elegant architecture combined with a mix of urban facilities and outdoor activities.
- Size: 19 — 63sqm.
- Price: From R695 000 to R1 195 000.
- Apartments: Studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments
- Amenities: Indoor gym, rooftop mini football field, recreational areas and braai facilities, on-site laundry, fibre, co-working cafe, retail shops, 24-hour security.
- Neighbourhood: Nearby attractions include Grand West Casino and Parow Shopping Centre. Easy access to highways leading to the CBD and Southern Suburbs. Close proximity to schools, train station and hospital.
9. Newinbosch in Stellenbosch
On this idyllic estate, you’ll find a collection of freestanding homes with space for swimming pools and gardens. In the midst of the village lies The Yard, a communal space with a host of activities for adults and children. This sizeable estate is safe and secure, with energy-efficient homes and sustainable facilities. It’s truly a world unto itself.
- Size: 57 — 255sqm
- Apartments: two-bedroom, three-bedroom and four-bedroom homesteads, two-bedroom courtyard homes, two-bedroom townhouses, and two-bedroom simplex homes.
- Amenities: Gym, swimming pool, multi-purpose court, climbing wall, skate park, amphitheatre, a preschool, community garden, controlled access, Newinbosch Village retail centre (under construction), Grappa Shed (for hosting events).
- Neighbourhood: With so much to do on the estate, you’ll hardly need to leave it, but should you feel a desire for adventure, the lush Stellenbosch Winelands lie at your doorstep, along with a plethora of restaurants and wine farms.
10. Station House in Sea Point
This ten-story pinnacle of modernity and luxury brings new energy to the historic suburb of Sea Point, taking full advantage of the famous ocean views that the Atlantic Seaboard offers.
- Size: From 24sqm to 104sqm.
- Price: From R1 795 000.
- Apartments: Studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom apartments, with wi-fi, 24-hour security, and in-house cleaning and concierge services.
- Amenities: Rooftop bar, pool and restaurant; fitness centre and yoga studio; ground floor restaurant, deli and bar; pick ‘n pay supermarket.
- Neighbourhood: Located on Kloof Road in Sea Point, a short walk from the iconic beachfront and promenade, and a short drive from Camps Bay and the City Centre.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Ranked #1 in Banking on Hellopeter
Average rating of 4.86 from over 4 550 reviews
Simply The Best
Ooba home loans services are simply the best. My Consultant Bianca Dancer was so hands on and helpful from the get go. She guided me through the entire process and put me at ease being a first time buyer. I highly recommend their services.
Jay Govender and Maleshini Reddy from OOBA provided outstanding assistance and guidance in securing our home loan. Response times were excellent and they were professional and friendly.
Estelle Vorster was really helpful in securing the best deal for my home loan, she not only negotiated a lower interest rate she went as far as securing 50% discount on the transfer costs.