New developments in Western Cape
- Park Lane, Athlone: A balance between suburban living and easy access to the Cape Town business hub.
- Mountain Ridge, Paarl: Affordable, freestanding homes in the Winelands.
- The Wynne, Avondale: Modern and secure apartments surrounded by nature.
- Chardonnay Court, Eerste River: Comfortable accommodation in a peaceful town on the N2.
New developments in Gauteng
- Sandton Platinum Residence: A shining monolith in the heart of the City of Gold.
- Ember Apartments, Rembrandt Park: A secure, family-friendly complex.
- Heasley Place, Brakpan: Small-town life in a secure estate.
New developments in KwaZulu Natal
- Ukusa Estate: A secure eco-estate surrounded by lush lawns.
- Sheffield Hills: Family-friendly living in a serene coastal town.
- Bliss Ballito: Pet-friendly estate on the coast.
- Palmview Estate: An expansive coastal estate amidst sugarcane valleys.
- The Woods Waterfall: A well-equipped estate in an idyllic farm-like location.
New developments in Eastern Cape
- Rockcliffe Lifestyle Estate: A lush, expansive estate close to beaches and a nature reserve.
- Avalon Gardens: A secure townhouse complex in a quiet seaside town.
- Riverwood Eco Estate: A tranquil coastal estate a few minutes drive from East London.
Demand for homes remains high in South Africa despite a sluggish economy beset by inflation, and new developments are popping up throughout the country to take advantage of this demand. Banks are competing to offer the best home loan deals.
Many of these developments specifically cater to the requirements of work-from-home lifestyle, by including facilities and recreation on-site and tranquil outdoor areas right on the doorstep.
We’ve compiled a list of new developments that are especially well-suited to first-time homebuyers due to their affordability. Many of these developments cater to the needs of young families, while others suit the requirements of young professionals.
So if you’re looking to take your first step onto the property ladder, here are some of the choices available to you.
New developments in Western Cape
1. Park Lane, Athlone
A secure apartment complex offering affordable accommodation in a vibrant area. The proximity to the City Centre provides a balance between suburban living and easy access to business hubs.
- Price: R795 900 — R989 900.
- Apartments: One and two-bedroom apartments with kitchens equipped with ovens and hobs. One parking bay per unit.
- Neighbourhood: Easy access to Cape Town City Centre and airport. Nearby facilities and attractions include Vangate Mall, Super Fisheries (where the Gatsby was invented), and Athlone Little Theatre.
2. Mountain Ridge, Paarl
Secure, affordable homes in the beautiful region of Paarl, with mountain views and the serene Winelands on your doorstep.
- Price: From R695 600 (two-bedroom); from R795 400 (three-bedroom); from R913 600 (four-bedroom).
- Houses: Two-bedroom, three-bedroom and four-bedroom freestanding homes with kitchen, lounge, garage, security gates, and solar geyser.
- Neighbourhood: Walking distance to shops, schools, businesses, and public transport.
4. The Wynne, Avondale
Luxury apartments in a modern apartment block offering recreational and fitness facilities. Surrounded by tranquil nature in a residential area built around a lake with nature reserves nearby.
- Price: From R695 000 to R1 195 000.
- Apartments: Studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and loft apartments with kitchen, inverter, and centralised hot water system.
- Amenities: Gym, rooftop mini football field, braai area, co-worker cafe, fibre internet; on-site laundry, and 24-hour security and CCTV cameras.
- Neighbourhood: Attractions include Tygerberg Nature Reserve, Parow Golf Club, Durbanville Wine Route, Khoisan Whale & Marine Museum, and Parow Centre.
5. Chardonnay Court, Eerste River
A peaceful town in close proximity to the Stellenbosch Winelands, with easy access to the N2. Apartments offer comfort, facilities, and a host of recreational activities nearby.
- Price: From R899 900.
- Apartments: Two-bedroom with lounge, bathroom and guest bathroom, open-plan kitchen, patio with braai area, and parking bay.
- Neighbourhood: Walking distance from a new mall with two five-a-side football courts. Other nearby attractions include hiking trails, mountain biking, beaches, bird watching, and Oudebosch Farm Stall. Close proximity to a range of schools, and a hospital.
New developments in Gauteng
1. Sandton Platinum Residence
A 40-floor shining monolith situated in the beating heart of the City of Gold. Luxury living with access to modern facilities; a short walk from Sandton City and its array of restaurants, coffee shops and offices. Ideal for young professionals.
- Price: From R890 000
- Apartments: Fully-furnished with views of the cityscape; powered by new energy technology.
- Amenities: Gym, rooftop pool, creche, 24/7 medicare, Sky Deck, Clubhouse, private dining rooms, pharmacy, laundry, hair & beauty, specialist retail.
- Neighbourhood: Within walking distance of the Gautrain and Sandton City. Close proximity to Sandton Market @ The Park, Sandton Central Park, Sandton Convention Centre, and Benmore Centre.
2. Ember Apartments, Rembrandt Park
A family-friendly complex in close proximity to highways, providing easy access to the City Centre.
- Price: From R599 000 to R1 200 000.
- Apartments: One-bedroom, two-bedroom, and three-bedroom apartments. Prepaid water and electricity. DSTV and fibre-ready.
- Amenities: Jungle gym for kids. 24-hour security, and CCTV cameras.
- Neighbourhood: Despite being south of Johannesburg, Rembrandt Park has easy access to the city. It is close to the airport, hospitals, and primary schools. Nearby attractions include Modderfontein golf course.
4. Heasley Place, Brakpan
Enjoy peaceful small-town life in the mining town of Brakpan, with a secure estate containing two-storey sectional title houses.
- Price: From R1 160 000 to R1 170 000.
- Houses: Three-bedroom and two-bathroom units with modern kitchen design, prepaid electricity, solar geysers, double garage, and enclosed gardens. Fibre-ready. Pet-friendly.
- Amenities: Alarm system, electric fence, 12-month armed response contract.
- Neighbourhood: Close proximity to medical facilities and schools. Nearby attractions include Wi Jump Trampoline Park, Carnival City Entertainment World, and Sun International Carnival City Casino.
New developments in KwaZulu Natal
A thriving eco-estate, designed to be one with the environment. Expansive lawns and recreational facilities provide outdoor activities, while 24-hour security makes it ideal for families.
- Price: TBA
- Apartments: One-bedroom and two-bedroom units. Equipped with rainwater tanks
- Amenities: Open-air gym, basketball court, soccer space, cycling and running tracks, lifestyle centre for events, and 10 000 square metre nature area. 24-hour security with an access-controlled boom gate. Rainwater tanks and recycling facilities.
- Neighbourhood: Located in the suburb of Verulam, 30km from Durban. Close proximity to the airport and a range of schools. Nearby attractions include Hazelmere Dam & Nature Reserve, Sibaya Casino & Entertainment Kingdom, and beaches. Famous for the Sri Gopalall Hindu Temple which was opened by Gandhi in 1913.
2. Sheffield Hills
A secure estate in the scenic coastal town of Salt Rock; a popular holiday destination and an idyllic location. The estate offers a range of recreational activities, along with easy access to beaches and hiking trails.
- Price: From R599 000 to R1 524 000.
- Apartments: One-bedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom apartments.
- Amenities: Swimming pool, communal gardens, and clubhouse. 24-hour security with a manned guardhouse.
- Neighbourhood: Located in Salt Rock on the Dolphin Coast, close to palm-tree-strewn beaches. Nearby attractions include Flag Animal Farm, tidal pools, hiking trails, watersports, and a host of restaurants.
3. Bliss Balito
The pet-friendly coastal estate offers a peaceful, beachside lifestyle, with recreational facilities on-site. Located in a serene suburb replete with communal parks.
- Price: From R949 000 to R1 715 000.
- Apartments: One-bedroom, two-bedroom, and three-bedroom apartments.
- Amenities: Lifestyle centre, pool, braai area, and 24-hour security. Pet-friendly.
- Neighbourhood: A seaside suburb in close proximity to beaches, parks, and hiking trails. Hospital, educational facilities and airport in the vicinity. Nearby attractions include Flag Animal Farm, Sugar Rush Park, New Salt Rock City, and Virgin Active.
4. Palmview Estate
The largest estate in KwaZulu Natal offers a range of facilities and activities, including a shopping mall and lifestyle centre. Just a 10-minute drive away lies the tranquil beaches of the Natal coast, with sugarcane valleys providing a scenic backdrop.
- Price: From R757 000.
- Houses: Two-bedroom and three-bedroom freestanding homes.
- Amenities: Clubhouse, multiple pools, kid’s play area, braai facilities, fitness centre, shopping mall, schools, walking and jogging trails, and a creche launching in 2024. Pet-friendly. 24-hour manned guardhouses.
- Neighbourhood: A short drive from beaches, schools, Ashton International College, Palm View Mall, King Shaka International Airport, and Netcare Alberlito Hospital. Nearby attractions include Sugar Rush Park, Flag Animal Farm, Rain Farm Game Lodge, Adventure Valley, Ski Park, Sibaya Casino, zip lining, scuba diving, and a crocodile farm.
5. The Woods Waterfall
A pet-friendly estate situated amidst rolling hills and lush farmlands. The increasingly popular suburb offers peaceful countryside living along with easy access to the city.
- Price: From R849 000.
- Apartments: One-bedroom, two-bedroom, and three-bedroom units. Fibre-ready.
- Amenities: Clubhouse, swimming pool, bike track, and 24-hour security. Pet-friendly.
- Neighbourhood: Named for the nearby water and forested areas. Nearby attractions include Watercrest Mall, Epic Karting, Fig Tree Farm, and Cotswold Downs Golf & Country Estate.
New developments in Eastern Cape
1. Rockcliffe Lifestyle Estate
An estate surrounded by lush gardens, with the ocean on its doorstep. Numerous facilities, including a school, can be found on-site, and the location offers easy access to transport, schools, and business centres. It’s an idyllic estate that caters to families and retirees alike.
- Price: From R799 (apartments); from R949 to R1 595 000 (simple & duplex homed); from R1 055 000 to R1 399 000 (freestanding homes).
- Apartments: Two-bedroom apartments; two-bedroom and three-bedroom simple homes; two-bedroom and three-bedroom freestanding homes. Modern interiors, solar geyser, gas hob, fibre-ready, and built-in braai.
- Amenities: Walking, running, and cycling path; children’s play area; exercise area; transport points; community gardens; on-site school; retail centre. 24-hour security.
- Neighbourhood: Close proximity to the beach, the harbour, shopping centres such as Gilwell Mall, hospitals, a nature reserve, and the airport.
2. Avalon Gardens
A secure townhouse complex in a quiet seaside town. Close proximity to a host of recreational activities, and easy access to the business hub of East London. The local beach is a favourite destination for locals and visitors alike, and the tourist-friendly town is a popular surfing spot.
- Price: From R844 000 to R1 240 000.
- Apartments: Freestanding two-bedroom and three-bedroom homes with kitchens, verandas, solar geysers, washing machine connections, and lawns.
- Amenities: Security includes a perimeter wall, electric fence, and security gates.
- Neighbourhood: Nearby attractions include Gonubie Beach, Strandloper Hiking Trail, Lavender Blue Market, Gonubie Mouth Bird Sanctuary, and Zip Line Park.
3. Riverwood Eco Estate
A beautiful coastal stretch with white-sand beaches, just a few minute’s drive from the convenience of East London. This popular holiday destination offers peace and quiet along with a host of recreational attractions.
- Price: From R671 500.
- Apartments: Two-bedroom and three-bedroom units.
- Amenities: Two dams are located on the estate. Security includes access control, electric fencing, security gates and perimeter wall.
- Neighbourhood: Close proximity to the airport, schools, and shopping centres. Easy access to the East London hub. Nearby attractions include Cove Rock Beach, Zipline Park, and East London Zoo.
Looking to invest in property? We can get you the best deal on your home loan
At ooba Home Loans, we submit your home loan application to multiple banks, so you can compare the deals they offer and choose the one best suited to your requirements.
We also offer a range of tools that can make the homebuying process easier. Start with our Bond Calculator, then use our Bond Indicator to determine what you can afford. Finally, when you’re ready, you can apply for a home loan.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Ranked #1 in Banking on Hellopeter
Average rating of 4.86 from over 4 550 reviews
Simply The Best
Ooba home loans services are simply the best. My Consultant Bianca Dancer was so hands on and helpful from the get go. She guided me through the entire process and put me at ease being a first time buyer. I highly recommend their services.
Jay Govender and Maleshini Reddy from OOBA provided outstanding assistance and guidance in securing our home loan. Response times were excellent and they were professional and friendly.
Estelle Vorster was really helpful in securing the best deal for my home loan, she not only negotiated a lower interest rate she went as far as securing 50% discount on the transfer costs.