- First Home Finance is a subsidy aimed at low-income earners (R3 501 to R22 000 per month).
- It provides housing finance in the form of a subsidy ranging from R30 001 to R130 000.
- You can apply online with ooba Home Loans in a matter of minutes.
Homeownership grants you a powerful asset and a sense of security for life. But if you’re a low-income earner, you may think it’s out of your reach.
Not so, thanks to housing finance provided by the South African government in the form of First Home Finance (formerly known as FLISP).
First Home Finance is a government subsidy specifically aimed at low earners (R3 501 to R22 000 per month). It provides funds that give you a foundation for acquiring a home loan.
It increases your chances of home loan approval and also enables you to obtain a home loan with lower interest rates.
How to obtain government housing finance
First, ensure that you meet the qualification criteria:
- Your income must range from R3 501 to R22 000 per month.
- You must be a South African citizen with permanent residency in South Africa.
- You must not have received a government housing subsidy before.
- You must be married or cohabiting OR single with financial dependents.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must not have owned a fixed residential property before.
If you do, you can apply quickly and easily with ooba Home Loans.
Simply fill in the application form online and we’ll submit it on your behalf. We then monitor the application status and update you as needed.
How much is the subsidy?
The subsidy ranges from R30 001 to R130 000, depending on your income. The lower your income, the higher the subsidy.
For more detail, see the chart below.
You can also pay the subsidy directly into your home loan, reducing your home loan term and repayments. Use our Extra Payments Calculator to determine how such a payment will affect your home loan.
Start your journey toward homeownership
Are you interested in applying for First Home Finance (formerly known as FLISP)? Get all your questions answered, such as whether you qualify, how to apply and how First Home Finance can be used to acquire your first home.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Ranked #1 in Banking on Hellopeter
Average rating of 4.86 from over 4 550 reviews
Simply The Best
Ooba home loans services are simply the best. My Consultant Bianca Dancer was so hands on and helpful from the get go. She guided me through the entire process and put me at ease being a first time buyer. I highly recommend their services.
Jay Govender and Maleshini Reddy from OOBA provided outstanding assistance and guidance in securing our home loan. Response times were excellent and they were professional and friendly.
Estelle Vorster was really helpful in securing the best deal for my home loan, she not only negotiated a lower interest rate she went as far as securing 50% discount on the transfer costs.