- The FLISP subsidy ranges from R30 001 to R130 000.
- The subsidy is based on your income; the lower your income, the higher your subsidy.
- The subsidy can increase your chances of home loan approval by being used as a deposit, or paid into your home loan to reduce interest rates.
If you’re a low income earner, FLISP provides a path to homeownership. It’s a government subsidy aimed at homebuyers whose income ranges from R3 501 to R22 000 per month.
How is FLISP calculated?
It’s calculated according to your income. The lower your income, the higher the subsidy.
You can use our FLISP calculator below to see how much you would qualify for
As you can see, the subsidy ranges from R30 001 to R130 000.
How can I use the subsidy?
- You can use it as a deposit. Deposits are the primary barrier to entry for first-time homebuyers. Using the subsidy as a deposit increases your chances of home loan approval and reduces your interest rates.
- You can pay it directly into your home loan. This will reduce your loan term and interest rates. Use our Extra Payments Calculator to determine how much you can save on your home loan if you make an extra payment equal to one of the above subsidy amounts.
How do I apply for FLISP?
First, ensure that you meet the following qualification criteria:
- Your income must range from R3 501 to R22 000 per month.
- You must be a South African citizen with permanent residency in South Africa.
- You must not have received a government housing subsidy before.
- You must be married or cohabiting OR single with financial dependents.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must not have owned a fixed residential property before.
If you qualify, apply for FLISP with your financial institution or with ooba Home Loans.
We make the home loan application much easier. We submit the paperwork on your behalf and then monitor the progress of your application, keeping you updated as need be.
See the FLISP application process for ooba Home Loans below:
Are you interested in applying for FLISP? Get all your questions answered, such as whether you qualify, how to apply and how FLISP can be used to acquire your first home.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Ranked #1 in Banking on Hellopeter
Average rating of 4.86 from over 4 550 reviews
Simply The Best
Ooba home loans services are simply the best. My Consultant Bianca Dancer was so hands on and helpful from the get go. She guided me through the entire process and put me at ease being a first time buyer. I highly recommend their services.
Jay Govender and Maleshini Reddy from OOBA provided outstanding assistance and guidance in securing our home loan. Response times were excellent and they were professional and friendly.
Estelle Vorster was really helpful in securing the best deal for my home loan, she not only negotiated a lower interest rate she went as far as securing 50% discount on the transfer costs.