- FLISP is a government subsidy aimed at low-income home buyers.
- You can apply online with ooba Home Loans. We submit your application and monitor its progress.
- If your application is approved, you receive a subsidy ranging from R30 001 to R130 000, which you can use as a deposit or pay into your home loan.
If you’re a low-income earner and you think homeownership is out of reach, think again. FLISP is a government subsidy specially intended to help low-income earners purchase a home.
How does the process work?
- You apply for FLISP.
- The government assesses your application to determine if you meet the criteria.
- If your application is approved, the National Housing Finance Corporation (NHFC) will pay out the subsidy, which you can use as a deposit or pay directly into your home loan account.
Online FLISP application
You can apply through a financial institution, but we make it easier. At ooba Home Loans, you can apply online simply by filling in the form.
We then submit the form on your behalf and monitor the application process, providing you with necessary updates.
See the application process below:
What do I need to apply?
You need to meet the following criteria:
- Your income must range from R3 501 to R22 000 per month.
- You must be a South African citizen with permanent residency in South Africa.
- You must not have received a government housing subsidy before.
- You must be married or cohabiting OR single with financial dependents.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must not have owned a fixed residential property before.
You will also need a source of finance to back up your FLISP application. This used to be the home loan itself, but you now have other options, such as:
- the beneficiary’s pension/provident fund loan.
- a co-operative or community-based savings scheme, i.e. stokvel.
- the Government Employees Housing Scheme.
- any other Employer-Assisted Housing Scheme.
- an unsecured loan.
- an Instalment Sale Agreement or Rent-to-own Agreement.
The advantage of this change is you can now use the FLISP subsidy to back up your home loan application, making the bank more likely to approve the home loan.
How much is the subsidy?
The subsidy ranges from R30 001 to R130 000, depending on your income.
See more information below:
Are you interested in applying for FLISP? Get all your questions answered, such as whether you qualify, how to apply and how FLISP can be used to acquire your first home.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Ranked #1 in Banking on Hellopeter
Average rating of 4.86 from over 4 550 reviews
Simply The Best
Ooba home loans services are simply the best. My Consultant Bianca Dancer was so hands on and helpful from the get go. She guided me through the entire process and put me at ease being a first time buyer. I highly recommend their services.
Jay Govender and Maleshini Reddy from OOBA provided outstanding assistance and guidance in securing our home loan. Response times were excellent and they were professional and friendly.
Estelle Vorster was really helpful in securing the best deal for my home loan, she not only negotiated a lower interest rate she went as far as securing 50% discount on the transfer costs.