You can apply through your financial institution or with the help of a home loan comparison service, such as ooba Home Loans.
Here’s a rundown of the application process, which usually takes around 7 days:
The FLISP criteria have changed for 2022, in that you no longer need home loan approval before applying.
As of April 2022, you can now use the following sources of finance to apply:
- the beneficiary’s pension/provident fund loan
- a co-operative or community-based savings scheme, i.e. stokvel
- the Government Employees Housing Scheme
- any other Employer-Assisted Housing Scheme
- an unsecured loan
- an Instalment Sale Agreement or Rent-to-own Agreement