You get a First Home Finance subsidy by applying for one, which you can do online with ooba Home Loans.
You fill out the form in a matter of minutes, and we submit the paperwork for you and monitor the application process, updating you as needed.
Bear in mind that in order to qualify for First Home Finance, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Your income must range from R3 501 to R22 000 per month.
- You must be a South African citizen with permanent residency in South Africa.
- You must not have received a government housing subsidy before.
- You must be married or cohabiting OR single with financial dependents.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must not have owned a fixed residential property before.
You can use the subsidy as a deposit or pay it directly into your home loan, earning lower interest rates and monthly repayments.