First Home Finance (formerly known as FLISP) is a housing subsidy aimed at first-time buyers with a low income. The subsidy ranges from R30 001 to R130 000 and can be used as a deposit or paid into the home loan.
Either way, it reduces your monthly repayments and makes homeownership a reality for low-income earners.
Here are the requirements:
- Your income must range from R3 501 to R22 000 per month.
- You must be a South African citizen with permanent residency in South Africa.
- You must not have received a government housing subsidy before.
- You must be married or cohabiting OR single with financial dependents.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must not have owned a fixed residential property before.
How to apply
If you meet the criteria, you can apply online with ooba Home Loans.
We provide a form you can fill in (it will take just a few minutes to complete).
We then submit the paperwork on your behalf and monitor the status of your application so that we can update you as needed.