City Centre at Steyn City
- Hyde on First (Johannesburg) Townhouses with gardens and off-the-grid power.
- The Mix (Johannesburg) Hotel-style living in a miniature city with shops, restaurants and entertainment.
- City Centre at Steyn City (Johannesburg) Hotel-style living on a forested resort with a lagoon.
- Kotara (Pretoria) Village-style living on a secure and family-friendly estate.
- The Capital Trilogy (Pretoria) A state of the art modern hotel in an upmarket area of Pretoria.
- Mont Acres (Pretoria) A secure estate with flats and townhouses.
- The Point Pytchley (Johannesburg) Modern living in the affluent suburb of Bryanston.
- One on Anne (Johannesburg) Relaxed living in a garden suburb.
- Makarios (Pretoria) A residential estate in the beautiful suburb of Karenpark.
- Waterkloof Heart (Pretoria) Spacious homes equipped with smart technology.
- HQ Sandton (Johannesburg) Futuristic development with a rooftop garden and restaurant.
South Africa’s central province is unsurprisingly a hub of construction activity, with developments that cater to a wide variety of lifestyles.
The two major cities, Johannesburg and Pretoria, each offer something different. The first offers high-energy business districts and vibrant nightlife, while the second offers peaceful living while still being within commuting distance of the Johannesburg business districts.
Note If you plan to invest in property, use our Bond Calculator to determine how much you will pay on your bond. It’s convenient to have this information on-hand before making any investment decisions.
New developments in Gauteng
So where will you be putting your investment? We’ve made a list of the hottest new developments in Gauteng; some in Pretoria, some in the city of gold and even some that are somewhere in between.
1. Hyde on First
Located in the heart of the high-end suburb of Hyde Park, this modern residential development offers the ideal balance between luxurious living, leisure activities and easy access to the business district.
- Size: From 420.2sqm
- Price: From R7 900 000
- Apartments: 16 two-storey units with underground parking; fibre, DSTV and air conditioning; home automation; gas-powered stove, fireplace and bbq; double glazing and insulated concrete for reduced heat and sound transfer
- Amenities: off-the-grid power and water systems; each unit has a fully serviced garden and heated swimming pool
Neighbourhood: Nearby points of interest include Sandton City Mall, Rosebank Mall, Morningside Hospital, and the Gautrain Station.
2. The Mix
Launched in July 2021, The Mix is a 14-storey apartment building situated above the Mall of Africa, which itself is the centerpoint of Waterfall City; a sprawling urban development made up of residential, office and recreational spaces. The Mix offers hotel-style living with easy access to shops, restaurants and entertainment.
- Size: From 28sqm (studio apartment) to 86.15sqm (penthouse).
- Price: From R999 000 (studio apartments); R1 255 000 (one-bedroom apartments); R2 405 000 (two-bedroom apartments).
- Apartments: Customizable interior design packages; high-speed wi-fi; concierge; laundry services; cleaning services; delivery locker; basement parking and storage.
- Amenities:; pool deck with braai area, terrace, lounge and bar; restaurant; deli; wellness studio; meeting rooms; bike storage; social lounge; dog-walking area.
- Neighbourhood: Waterfall City is situated in Midrand, half-way between Johannesburg and Pretoria. It’s an urban enclave designed to offer everything that residents and workers could need in terms of entertainment, facilities and accommodation. It has a park, market, restaurants and an amphitheatre-style cinema, along with various recreational offerings such as the putt-putt and go-karting. For those whose workplace is outside Waterfall City, the Gautrain will have you at Sandton or Pretoria in no time.
3. City Centre at Steyn City
These luxury apartments are situated beside a lagoon, amid the lush lawns, forests and streams of Steyn City; a private paradise in the north of Johannesburg. Residents may as well be living in their own world, but still have easy access to the city if needed.
- Price: From R2 300 000
- Apartments: The spacious apartments range from one-bedroom to four-bedroom, and there are two penthouses. Each unit includes a well-equipped kitchen, air conditioning, high-speed internet and double-glazed windows; and they are built with smart technology in mind.
- Amenities: Rooftop pool; resident parking in the basement; 24-hour security; backup generator; water reservoir.
- Neighbourhood: The private paradise of Steyn City has a 300m lagoon (with splash pool for kids); mountain-biking trails; a golf course; equestrian centre; and even a school campus that accommodates students right up to matric. There’s also a helipad for quick access to the Sandton CBD or airport.
A village-style atmosphere in a vibrant residential area. Kotara offers affordable, family-friendly living on a secure estate.
- Size 49m2 to 65m2
- Price From R5600 per month.
- Apartments 2- & 3-bedroom units on a sectional title property; patio; covered parking; fibre ready; solar heating geyser.
- Amenities A village setting with a fit trail circuit, kid’s play area, swimming pool, club house, braai & picnic areas, and a perimeter electric fence with 24-hour security.
- Neighbourhood easy access to the N4; close to the Grove Mall and Silver Lakes Golf Estate.
5. The Capital Trilogy
A state of the art modern hotel in an upmarket area of Pretoria. Luxurious rooms and a wide array of facilities.
- Size 38m2 to 85m2
- Price From R2745 per night
- Apartments Studios, 1- & 2-bedroom apartments. High-speed internet access, DSTV, secure parking, laundry service.
- Amenities Rooftop restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, gym, board room, 24-hour security
- Neighbourhood In close proximity to Menlyn Maine Central Square and the Time Square Entertainment Centre. Nearby attractions include Menlyn Park Mall, and an array of retail outlets and restaurants. Close to Life Faerie Glen Hospital.
6. Mont Acres
A secure estate with apartments and townhouses. High-quality finishes and furnishings make for comfortable living whether for families or young professionals.
- Size From 455m2
- Price From R925 000 to R2 250 000
- Apartments Simplexes (3 bedrooms), duplexes (4 bedrooms),2-bedroom apartments and loft apartments available in a range of sizes and designs. High-speed internet, backup power and solar solutions, patio and braai area.
- Amenities Communal clubhouse, perimeter electric fence and 24-hour security.
- Neighbourhood In close proximity to Virgin Active and Kolonnade Shopping Centre, Montana Hospital, schools and creche, and Roodeplaat Dam Nature Reserve. Easy access to N1 and N4.
7. The Point Pytchley: Modern living
A five-level residential block in the affluent suburb of Bryanston; a leafy district that is also conveniently situated on the edge of the financial hub.
- Size: From 46sqm to 112sqm.
- Price: From R1 187 975 to R2 864 875.
- Apartments: One-bedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom apartments with open-plan design and premium finishes; wi-fi ready; laundry facilities; 24 hour security with biometric access control; secure basement parking.
- Amenities: Swimming pool; fully equipped gym; clubhouse; meeting rooms; entertainment and lifestyle areas.
- Neighbourhood: Close proximity to restaurants, shopping centres and recreational venues such as Monte Casino. Nearby schools include Brescia House School and Bryanston Primary School; and nearby hospitals include Sunninghill Hospital and Mediclinic Sandton. Easy access to public transport.
8. One on Anne
Elegant units divided between two three-storey apartment blocks, located in the lush, green suburb of Sandringham. The idyllic location makes it a good option for young families as well as professionals.
- Size: From 32sqm (one-bedroom apartment) to 86sqm (three-bedroom apartment).
- Price: From R599 000 to R1 699 000.
- Apartments: Open-plan and spacious design; most units include a garden and/or balcony; fibre-ready; environmentally conscious with access to solar and gas energy; 24-hour off-site security, electric fencing and a secure perimeter.
- Amenities: Plunge pool; braai area; rooftop terrace and sun deck.
- Neighbourhood: There’s a host of nearby restaurants and stores, and the apartment blocks also offer close proximity to a number of schools and hospitals. Notable entertainment venues include Jabula Recreation Centre, The Royal Kensington Golf Club, Dan Pienaar Park, and Fairmount Bowls Club.
A residential estate in the beautiful suburb of Karenpark. In close proximity to shopping centres and restaurants. Ideal for family living.
- Size From 96m2
- Price From R1 285 000
- Apartments 3-bedroom double-storey homes with patios, braai area, gardens, open-plan living, parking area and solar heating.
- Neighbourhood In close proximity to Wonderpark Shopping Centre, restaurants, Netcare Akasia Hospital, Virgin Active, Akasia Golf Club and a number of schools.
10. Waterkloof Heart
Spacious homes equipped with smart technology and located on an estate with pet-friendly facilities.
- Size From 57m2
- Price From R1 250 000
- Apartments Luxury apartments with gardens and patios. Pet-friendly (they’re actually designed for the benefit of pets). Single and double units. Smart homes that can be controlled from your smart phone. Internet options available.
- Amenities Pet park on site.
- Neighbourhood In close proximity to Menlyn Maine, Menlyn Shopping Centre, Faerie Glen Hospital, Waterkloof Dog Park, The Village, Times Square Casino, and Glenstantia Primary School
11. HQ Sandton
This 12-storey development offers a glimpse of the future in the form of its rooftop garden, a merging of urban and nature space that gives new meaning to the term “going green”. Aside from that; luxurious apartments, facilities and hotel-style services make this a major attraction for those looking to immerse themselves in the energy of Sandton.
- Size: From 23.64sqm to 61.72sqm
- Price: From R890 000
- Apartments: Studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments with free wi-fi, and access to 24-hour concierge and meal solutions.
- Amenities: Gym, rooftop restaurant and bar, rooftop garden, swimming pool, outdoor games area, board room, work lounges and pods, laundry services, 24 hour security and biometric access.
- Neighbourhood: Adjacent to Mushroom Farm Park; a relaxing nature escape with a duck pond, lawns, a playground and outdoor gym. Aside from that, as the name suggests, the apartments are situated in one of Johannesburg’s most desirable districts. Sandton is an affluent area with numerous shopping centres, restaurants and office spaces.
Planning to invest? Get prequalified first
If you’re planning to invest in property, or purchase a home, prequalification will give you an idea of what you can afford which will in turn allow you to house hunt with the certainty of knowing your price bracket.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Ranked #1 in Banking on Hellopeter
Average rating of 4.86 from over 4 550 reviews
Simply The Best
Ooba home loans services are simply the best. My Consultant Bianca Dancer was so hands on and helpful from the get go. She guided me through the entire process and put me at ease being a first time buyer. I highly recommend their services.
Jay Govender and Maleshini Reddy from OOBA provided outstanding assistance and guidance in securing our home loan. Response times were excellent and they were professional and friendly.
Estelle Vorster was really helpful in securing the best deal for my home loan, she not only negotiated a lower interest rate she went as far as securing 50% discount on the transfer costs.