FLISP housing project: What is it & how to apply
FLISP is a government program that subsidises low-income home buyers.
In order to qualify for FLISP:
- Your income must range from R3 501 to R22 000 per month.
- You must be a South African citizen with permanent residency in South Africa.
- You must not have received a government housing subsidy before.
- You must be married or cohabiting OR single with financial dependents.
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must not have owned a fixed residential property before.
You can apply for FLISP with a financial institution, or with the help of a home loan comparison service such as ooba Home Loans. We can submit the documentation on your behalf and monitor the application process.
See the application process below:
Are you interested in applying for FLISP? Get all your questions answered, such as whether you qualify, how to apply and how FLISP can be used to acquire your first home.