Skip to content

What is the 70% rule in house flipping?

The 70% rule is a guideline for investors looking to flip a house (buying a home with the intention of quickly selling it for a profit). The investor should determine the property’s After Repair Value (ARV), which includes the price of the property as well as the cost of any repairs. The investor should then look to pay no more than 70% of the ARV, with the other 30% accounting for profits and additional expenses such as bond and transfer costs.

Get prequalified for a home loan today

DIY with our online prequalification tool, or speak to an expert.

Get Prequalified

Ranked #1 in Banking on Hellopeter

Star Rating

Average rating of 4.86 from over 4 550 reviews

Simply The Best

Ooba home loans services are simply the best. My Consultant Bianca Dancer was so hands on and helpful from the get go. She guided me through the entire process and put me at ease being a first time buyer. I highly recommend their services.

Tia J

Star Ratings

Excellent Service

Jay Govender and Maleshini Reddy from OOBA provided outstanding assistance and guidance in securing our home loan. Response times were excellent and they were professional and friendly.

Brice G

Star Ratings

Bond Application

Estelle Vorster was really helpful in securing the best deal for my home loan, she not only negotiated a lower interest rate she went as far as securing 50% discount on the transfer costs.

Butana M

Star Ratings